The smartrecruit.com™ approach
- We recruit and train management teams for TV stations, broadcast groups, cable networks and digital.
- We identify and pre-qualify managers through interviews and checking actual product execution.
- We study who drives good product by critiquing newscasts, promos and digital.
- We specialize in identifying smart candidates who develop into strong performers. We find managers who are leaders and drivers.
- The retainer solves today's search and buys a talent pool for later. Back-up candidates become the "right fit" for another company location.
Our unique, multi-step process
We ask you to produce a profile for the position, using the opening as an opportunity to address product goals.
- We use your profile to build a "brainstorming list" from our deep database, "feeder markets," and studying successful products.
- As former managers, we closely review entire newscasts and promotion reels to see if they really deliver or simply "give good phone."
- We recommend a "short list" of candidates who fit this profile. We narrow the list through your personal interviews and help you close the deal.
Who's doing it
- Tom Dolan developed this unique recruiting strategy, placing over 500 candidates with clients during the past 15+ years.
- In his TV career, Tom has been a product innovator and recruiter. Tom served as VP of News at KSAZ-TV in Phoenix, producing the Fox affiliation switch.
- Tom spent 20 years with the ABC owned stations in Philadelphia, San Francisco, New York and Chicago. He served as Asst. News Director and News Director at WLS-TV in Chicago for 9+ yrs.
- Most of these products became #1 because we hired the right people and knew the value of teamwork between news and promotion.